Monday 3 December 2012

I Quit Sugar: week 5

On October 29 I started an experiment to quit sugar and for 8 weeks this blog will document my efforts. This was the final week of no fruit and we are both ready for some sweetness back.. we may have gone a little over board though.

How I felt: early in the week I was feeling pretty ill and nauseous (plus hayfevery).. I even had to leave work early one day. I've been feeling a bit disheartened about it all as I really don't think I am feeling much better or looking different than what I did 5 weeks ago. 

What I learnt: Stevia is super sweet. Ryan LOVES hot chocolate so we finally bought some hot chocolate with stevia mix.. the packet said use 4 teaspoons.. he only needed one!

Peer attitude: Mother in law (who thinks we are crazy) has been asking a few questions about it.

What I did well: When I was sick I ate ok.

What I didn't do well: So many things!! It all started at our friends house & I had a small ice cream (it was literally TINY, but still!) Then we went away for the weekend and went to the drive in and shared a can of Solo.. then we went cherry picking and ate ALOT of cherries and then we went out for dinner and ordered a whole dessert each. If I didn't eat the dessert then I wouldn't feel so bad.. it was really just a big snowball effect. But this is new week and I am back on track.

Good food: It's nice to have fruit back! Although I'm sure the amount of cherries we ate was quite over the top. I made some icey poles out of leftover smoothies.

Not so good food: See above..

No comments:

Post a Comment