Monday 26 November 2012

I Quit Sugar: week 4

On October 29 I started an experiment to quit sugar and for 8 weeks this blog will document my efforts. Another week of no fruit has been and gone (but is still sticking around for another week) I miss fruit! Especially all the new summer fruit is coming in to the shops.

How I felt: Pretty much same as last week.. awful most of the time. Especially at the end of the week when I got a migraine and hay fever, but then I was reassured that this is natural for week 4. 

What I learnt: in the webinar Sarah Wilson did she said that perhaps my inital results aren't as extreme as others because maybe I didn't have much sugar in my system to start with. 

Peer attitude: One of my co workers keeps offering me lollies.. I keep saying no. 

What I did well: We went out to our favourite restaurant and were initially keen on getting dessert.. until it was time to get to dessert and we were too full. We are quite often too full after dinner to eat anything more.

What I didn't do well: I drank some amaretto (full of sugar).. woke up with a headache.

Good food: I didn't do alot of cooking this week after all the awful ones last week. But Sarah Wilson released a Christmas cookbook so I want to make some things from there. I drank coconut water! I drank it once a few years ago and really didn't like it but this time it was ok.. it's pretty subtle in taste but sometimes I need something more than water or tea. 

Not so good food: I did make some savoury muffins.. didn't use a recipe.. didn't taste too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment