Tuesday 20 November 2012

I Quit Sugar: week 3


On October 29 I started an experiment to quit sugar and for 8 weeks this blog will document my efforts. Week 1 & 2 were fairly gentle, the real sugar elimination comes this week when all fruit is (temporarily!) eliminated plus all other sweets and hidden sweets. Please note: I am not doing this to lose weight (although by the looks of the IQS Facebook page I may one of a handful..) I am doing it to help with head aches and to gain energy.

How I felt: grumpy, lazy, unmotivated.. not the effects I was hoping for.

What I learnt: quinoa can hurt your teeth if you don’t cook it right! I forgot to soak and rinse my quinoa and then my teeth hurt afterwards..like they were bruised and metallic? No fun. I Googled it, it's a thing that can happen.

Peer attitude: Parents in law bought over a pack of Oreos (when I wasn’t home).. they remain untouched in the bottom of our cupboard..waiting to give them back when they return.

What I did well: I didn’t eat sugar! I haven’t really even been feeling very hungry in general. I like feeling hungry! But my cravings for anything are pretty low all the time. I am rarely even feeling the need for snacking during the day.

What I didn't do well: I didn’t drink any apple cider vinegar and only 2 smoothies this week.. mainly just because I didn’t want to.

Good food: I finally bought real vanilla extract so I can make my bland “sweet” food a bit tasty.

Not so good food: I made so many awful things this week.. example a.) quinoa that hurt my teeth (see above) b.) brownies. I don’t even know how to describe them.. bland chunky slice. c.) smoothies, again mainly bland but also sometime too flavoursome. d.) mousse, which had too much cacao which I then added to brownie. So all in all my motivation towards cooking food is pretty low.. I really need to follow recipes more! Or just use recipes in general..

No comments:

Post a Comment