Friday 16 November 2012

Pinning adventures.

I love going on Pinterest & that is pretty much how I spend majority of my one hour commute to work each day. However, lately I have become more mindful of what I'm pinning and why I'm pinning it. There is a lot of pins out there and to be honest.. I get a little over whelmed by all the delicious recipes, thrifty tips, festive ideas & home decor inspiration. I started to cull a few boards here and there if they simply did not interest me (for example: hairstyle boards.. don't excite me at all not do boards about make up tips and most "style" or trend ones) Then I started to look at all the pins I had pinned and thought I should start using all this great inspiration in real life so I chose a handful of recipes and decided to actually make them.
Top left: Capsicum "octopus" dip. I made this dip to take to my cousins nautical birthday party.. every one loved it. The dip was pretty much just cream cheese with chili & I stuck the googly eyes with a bit of cake decorating glue.. easy as! 

Top right: Angel hair pasta with chili & lemon. I made this recipe as I pretty much had everything in the house & I thought it sounded delicious. Verdict: it was. I haven't eaten angel hair pasta but it was light and the bread crumbs were a yummy addition. 

Bottom left: Sushi salad. I actually shudder every time I think of this recipe. I love sushi and A Beautiful Mess but I think the reason the recipe didn't work out was because my supermarket had no crab meat so I had to use canned crab, it was the worst! Plus, I made enough for 3 days. Never again will I buy crab meat in a can *shudder*

Bottom right: Chia pudding. I made this at the beginning of my I Quit Sugar experiment and was a bit of a fail mainly because the strawberries were too chunky and I didn't add enough chia seeds so it was a bit runny but I think a few little tweaks it will have great potential.


No comments:

Post a Comment